The eligibility to appear for GATE - 2018 exam is as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program.
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E. /B. Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
International candidates should have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Post-graduate (M.Sc.) degree in any relevant science subject. AT the time of filing the application form, students have to upload their proof of qualification eligibility. Students who have passed the qualifying degree in 2017 or before are required to submit the degree certificate/provisional certificate while the other candidates have to upload certificate from Principal/head of the institution.
Note: If a candidate is pursuing any higher degree or already obtained a degree higher than that mentioned in the above table, then the candidate can select the relevant minimum required qualifying degree while filling the application form.
In case a candidate has passed one of the qualifying examinations as mentioned above in 2017 or earlier,He / she has to submit the degree certificate / provisional certificate / course completion certificate / professional certificate / membership certificate issued by the society or institute. In case, the candidate is expected to complete to complete one of the qualifying criteria in 2017 or later as mentioned above, he/she has to submit a certificate from Principal or a copy of marks card for section A of AMIE.
Certificate from Principal
Candidates who have to submit a certificate from their college Principal, as determined from above Table, have to obtain one from his/her institution beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.
Candidates with backlogs
Candidates who have appeared in the final semester/year exam in 2017, but with a backlog (arrears/failed subjects) in any of the papers in their qualifying degree must have
1. submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year,
2. You have to obtain a declaration from Principal along with the signature and seal beforehand and upload the same during the online submission of the application form.